Tuesday, October 2

Help a great cause... (and get an adorable shirt!)

6 years ago my grandmother, Shirley Daugherty, died of breast cancer. It devastated me because we were extremely close. To have a terrible disease come and rip her out of my life was tragic. Ever since then I have been trying to do whatever I can to help other people in her situation, whether it be by donating money to the cause or offering my services at places that can help people like her. One of those places is called the Hope Lodge in Lexington, Kentucky. They offer food and lodging to people coming to hospitals around the area for cancer treatments. I have served food there with my youth group and witnessed first hand the joy that it brings to the people there! It touches me every time that I go there because it makes me realize that life is not a bed of roses. People have issues always, whether it be small ones or huge ones like having cancer. With my Happiness by Hannah shirts that I design, I want to help the Hope Lodge help people there. Right now they are at full capacity and having to turn people away. If we can raise enough money they might have enough to expand and offer their services to more people! I designed a special shirt just for the month of October, because it is Breast Cancer Awareness month! For every one of these shirts that I sell I will donate $10 to the Hope Lodge of Lexington. I attached a picture of the order form, the shirt and also a link the the Hope Lodge's website. You can pick the shirt up at Paisley Polkadot in Lexington, or if you are out of town we can ship it to you! Please help!! Thank you for your support!


Helping people stay happy :)
Hannah


http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/SupportProgramsServices/HopeLodge/Lexington/index




1 comment: